Uni Bridges Workshop: Virtual Learning Environments
Post on 01-Nov-2014
DESCRIPTIONDay 1 workshop 12.12.2011
- 1. virtual learning environments uni bridges workshop 12.12.2011
- 2. the community is waking-upweb as participatory platform web of people:us-ness | community | connect | network | share
- 3. pedagogy | learning networksBeyond the institutionalised logic of the school towards thenetwork logic of the learning community.Learning institutions rethinking the possibilities around whatcan be learnt, where learning can happen and who isinvolved in the learning process.
- 4. Students connect/share with each other and La Trobe Uni. Students interact with a range of content in a decentralised way. Access La Trobe Uni learning content. Opportunities for informal conversations, connections & learning. School based curriculum. School specic content. Digital portfolios. THE UNI BRIDGE NETWORK ecology of virtual spaces Students use a range of Teacher sharing an collaboration. Web 2.0 applications.
- 5. Students connect/share with eachother and La Trobe Uni.Students interact with a range ofcontent in a decentralised way.Access La Trobe Uni learning content.Opportunities for informalconversations, connections & learning.
- 6. explore web 2.0 applicationshttp://www.diigo.com/user/digimuve
- 7. the ipped classroom
- 8. life in an inquiry driven, technology-embedded, connected classroom: science Teacher lectures less students explore more. Students spend time piecing together what they have learned, critically evaluating its larger purpose, and reecting on their ownlearning. Students dont acquire knowledge just for the sake of acquiring it. They need to do something with it project-based learning. Technology is embedded into thefundamental structure of the learning: how research is done, how information is captured, and how learning is displayed. Its never an accessory tacked on at the end. What does it look like? Learn more read the full blog post: http://plpnetwork.com/2011/11/04/life-in-a-technology-embedded-classroom-science-2/
- 9. project based learning exampleThe SARS ProjectEach year, student teams from all over the world compete in a well-known competitioncalled ThinkQuest (http://www.thinkquest.org/competition).The challenge is to create an innovative educational website for use by other students on atopic the team really cares about.In 2003, six high school students from Malaysia, Singapore, the Netherlands,Cairo and Philadelphia, collaborated online to create a site on a topic of great concern atthe time the deadly outbreak of the Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome, or SARS.
- 10. project based learning exampleThe SARS Project cont ....The global team of students had to do all the work involved in producing an engagingeducational website: researching the topic; presenting well thought-out content interviewing experts; writing the text; designing and creating the look and feel of the site; programing the sites interface, navigation; and creating interactive games and quizzes.The teams challenge was to: 1. Work in a team to solve an urgent problem: getting other students to overcome their fears by learning more about the disease and about ways to protect themselves from the viral outbreak. 2. Present the work in a way that appealed to other students, engaging their interest through images, animations, video, and interactive games, as well as through clear and concise writing.
- 11. project based learning exampleThe SARS Project cont ....The six student team members, working from four different time zones used over a dozendifferent software and web tools to create and share their work online. The rst time theyactually met was at the ThinkQuest Live award event in San Francisco.The SARS project website: http://library.thinkquest.org/03oct/00738/Project Based Learning Website: http://pbl-online.org/default.htm
View more >
Virtual Learning Environments: More Than a Virtual articles/Webinars/Virtual Learning...2 Virtual Learning Environments: More Than a Virtual Classroom A white paper from Chart 1. Overall impression/experience with virtual learning environments
MEDIATED LEARNING IN VIRTUAL LEARNING LEARNING IN VIRTUAL LEARNING ENVIRONMENTS ... of Reuven Feuerstein and its basis in the theory of structural ... learning in virtual learning environments.