Why is Data Destruction necessary?
out of 7
Post on 17-Aug-2014
DESCRIPTIONWhat steps should be taken before disposing of your old computer for recycling? This presentation lets you know about Data and hard drive destruction and how to take back up before recycling old computers.
- Why is Data Destruction necessary?
- You must get to know what information your hard disc holds before disposing of old computer
- Your computer might hold your personal and financial information, including Passwords Account Numbers Tax Returns
- Addresses and phone numbers Medical and prescription information License keys for software programs Files created automatically by browsers and operating systems
- When you delete a file from your computer, it is not permanently removed but the data itself still remains on your hard drive as unallocated space and can be retrieved with a data recovery program. To remove data from a hard drive permanently, the hard drive needs to be formatted completely.
- Before you clean a hard drive, take the back up in one of the storage media USB Drive CD Rom External Hard Drive New Computer
- Website: http://www.ecogreenitrecycling.co.uk/how-it-works Address Unit B, Hucknall Office Units, 192 Beardall St, Hucknall, Nottinghamshire, NG15 7JU Email: email@example.com Phone: 0115 998 7285
View more >